With the 'Cheap Flights' app I have found the following options for travel from Santiago de Compostela to Malaga after completion of the Camino walk.
Flights Santiago → Malaga (Takes about 1½ hours)
- Saturday Sep.29 : direct flight to Malaga with Ryanair (US$69)
- Sunday Sep.30 : direct flight to Malaga with Vueling (US$81)
- Monday Oct.1 : no direct flights to Malaga
- Flights Santiago → Madrid (Takes just over 1 hour)
- Daily with Iberian Airlines (US$ 43)
- Madrid → Malaga by fast train (Takes just under 3 hours)
- Regular fast train services throughout every day.
- Form Malaga Rail station there is a bus service to Mijas Peublo.
Takes 1½ hours and costs only €2.30
(Christine used this when she visited me in September)
The one-but-last bus stop is in front of TRH Hotel Mijas.
The above information provides the options of either flying from Santiago directly to Malaga, or to have a one- or two-day stopover in Madrid on the way.
Don't use the Cheap Flights app to book and pay for your flight. The site is insecure and your card detailes may be hacked.
When you know the airline you wish to fly with book your flight on that airline's own website (Ryanair, Vueling, Iberia).