Splinter raises : Facts sheet
- - 4♥
= 6-10 HCP, 4+trumps, void or singleton (no singleton Honour)
A double jump shift is a Splinter, showing 4+card support for the previously bid suit, 11+ HCP, a void or singleton (no singleton Honour) and 7 losers or less.
or - 4♣
or - 4♦
- 4♣ or
- 4♦ or
- 4♥ = 11+ HCP, 4+trumps, void or singleton
- Where a change of suit would be forcing, a single jump rebid is also a Splinter.
- 2♥ - = Splinter
- 2♣ - - 3♠ = Splinter
- Splinter raises of the minor suits are usually only double junps to the 3-level to allow for a 3NT contract :
- 3♦, 3♥,
- 3♥, 3♠ = 11+ HCP, 4+trumps, void or singleton (no singleton Honour)
It conveys : "Partner if you have this suit covered bid 3NT"
- The bid of a new suit after a Splinter raise is a Cue bid showing an Ace (or void).
Bid Aces up the line, skipping a suit denies the Ace in that suit
For example : - 3♠ - : shows the and denies having the A♣.
- The jump bid of a new suit after a Splinter raise shows a void in that suit, and asks Partner for his number of Aces in the other three suits ("Voidwood") : - 3♠ -